What are you avoiding?
- Speaking your truth–because you don’t want to hurt someone’s feelings?
- Dating–because you have had bad relationship experiences?
- Exercising–because it’s too uncomfortable or you don’t “have time”?
- Not reaching out to potential clients–because you fear rejection?
- Creating new habits and practices–because it takes too much discipline?
Avoidance keeps you stuck in the past.
That’s the bad news.
Avoidance is a coping skill.
Not a healthy coping skill, but still a coping skill.
That’s the good news, because you can always create new, healthier coping skills.
Here are 6 Keys to end avoidance and create the life you desire.
- Be honest with yourself, i.e. be honest with your answers.
- Check all the “avoidance” tactics you are using –with no judgment. Add others.
- Ask yourself: What is living a life of avoidance costing me? (Lost or no new relationships, feeling bad about myself, being alone, lack of integrity, health issues, physical issues
- Am I willing to challenge myself to live this life more fully, more joyfully, more productively and more engaged?
- Change habits and beliefs.
- Get support. You’re human. It’s very challenging to shift without guidance.
Whether you realize it or not, by your actions you are making a choice.
Keep challenging that choice.
Avoiding may be easy in the short run, but as you do this overtime–a week, a month, a year, years—you lose out on the more joyful life you could have had. Period.
This is your ONE precious life.
Which avoidance pattern do you want to start with?
Your life matters.
You deserve to be treated with kindness, and that starts by being kind to yourself.
Having challenges with avoidance and not being able to live your life fully? Take 4 minutes to get clarity on where you are and where you want to go: www.FreedomFulfillmentQuiz.com
Be sure to join us TUESDAY’s for Facebook LIVE
for a deeper coaching.
TUESDAY 10:00 am. Pacific/1:00 p.m. Eastern for FB Live Coaching.
Join the group ahead of time at The Love is Kind Movement Group
(You can always catch the replay in the group!)